In the 1950s used by the Chinese Communist Navy after converting the merchant s.s. Cheung Hing back into an armed patrol vessel. She was the originally the Bathurst-class fleet minesweeper HMAS Bendigo (J187) dumped after the Second World War as no longer needed. She was laid down by Cockatoo Docks and Engineering Company, Australia on 12 August 1940, launched on 1 March 1941, commissioned on 10 May 1941, decommissioned on 27 September 1946, sold to the Ta Hing Company at Hong King and after conversion into a merchant ship renamed Cheung Hing and later in hands of the navy which renamed Luoyang and in service until 1988.
The Bathurst-class minesweepers were called corvettes and used for escort, patrol and minesweeping tasks. Displacement 815 (standard)-1.025 (full load) tons and as dimensions 162 (between perpendiculars)-186 (over all) x 31 x 8.5 feet. Crew numbered 85 men. With a oil fuel bunker capacity of 170 tons and a speed of 10 knots was her range 4.300 nautical miles. The 1.800 ihp horsepower supplied via 2 shaft allowed a speed of15 knots. Triple expansion steam machinery with 2 Admiralty 3-drum small tube type. Armament consisted of 2-5.1” guns and 2-3,7cm anti aircraft guns.