An item referred to the Mitteilungen aus dem Gebiete des Seewesens no. VI reporting that the Italian Dante Alighieri arrived on 9th April at the Armstrong Puzzulo works, Naples, Italy where her 12cm guns were modernized to increase the rate of fire, probably were the guns afterwards semi-automatic.(1)
1. First Italian dreadnought battleship. Preceded by the Regina Elena-class and succeeded by the Conte di Cavour-class. Laid down at the Castellammare di Stabia navy yard on 6 June 1909, launched on 20 August 1910, completed on 15 January 1913, modernized in 1923, stricken on 1 July 1928 and finally broken up in that same year. She was designed by the Italian rear admiral engineer Edoardo Masdea (1) at that moment Chief Constructor of the Italian navy using the ideas of general Vittorio Cuniberti (2). The intention was to built a battleship with a main armament of the same calibre to be used for broadside fire and as much possible limited superstructure.