Zr. Ms. Samarang
An item reported that at the navy establishment at Surabaya, Dutch East Indies in 1885 the Zr. Ms. Samarang of the Indies Military Navy lying in conservation was repainted, fitted out for service and commissioned on 11 January.(1)
1. Screw steamship 4th class call sign GQTK, on stocks at the shipyard of the Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschappij, Fijenoord, Rotterdam, Netherlands in 1875, launched in 1876, commissioned on 16 October 1876, decommissioned on 1 November 1893, condemned and sold at the navy establishment at Surabaya, Dutch East Indies on 10:00 o’clock on Saturday 21 April 1894 but Saturday 29 September 1894 again offered for sale. Dimensions 45,00 (between perpendiculars)-53,60 (over all) x 9,00 x 3,60 metres, displacement of 853 tons, horsepower 90 nhp.460 ehp. Speed 10 miles, a crew numbering 76 Europeans and 28 natives and an armament consisting of 1-18cm rifled gun and 2-12 cm KA. guns to which later 1-7,5cm A gun and 2-12cm K.A. were added. Wood planked iron built frame and zinced.