Drawing made by Andreas Kendristakis, with our thanks
An item reported the launching of the Argentinean destroyer La Plata at the German Schichau shipyard. Length 70 metres and a horsepower of 22.000 hp. This was the 355th destroyer built by this shipyard.(1)
1. Built under the 1907 Program of apparently just the destroyers Catamarca and Jujuy built by the Germaniawerft, Kiel, Germany and La Plata and Córdoba, built by Schichau, Germany were commissioned in Argentinean service. The French built destroyers were commissioned in French service as the Aventurier-class consisting of the Opiniâtre, Aventurier, Téméraire and Intrépide. The ships built by Cammell Laird, Birkenhead, England were sold to Greece and renamed Aetos, Ierax, Panthir and Leon.