An item referred to the magazine Mittheilungen aus dem Gebiete des Seewesens reporting that at Wilhelmshaven, Germany was started with the building of the battleship “C”.(1)
1. Building ordered under the contract name ‘C’, laid down at the Kaiserliche Werft Wilhelmshaven, Germany with yard number 25 in September 1899, launched on 3 July 1900, commissioned on 15 October 1902, completed in the second half of 1902, since 1916 used for auxiliary purposes, minesweepers tender since 1919, stricken in July 1921 and sold to be broken up. Of the Wittelsbach-class built under the Naval Law of 1898, consisting of the Wittelsbach, Wettin, Zähringen, Schwaben and Mecklenburg precedent by the Kaiser Friederich III-class and succeeded by the Braunschweig-class.