An item reported that begin May 1952 headquarters of the North Korean Marine Corps was situated on Hill 182, on a distance of 700 metres east of Changyan-myon (125-16&38-20). There were 100 small Soviet made amphibious boats, 10 heavy and 20 light machineguns and 6 mortars available.(1)
Note1. The North Korean War between 25 June 1950 and 27 July 1953 was between North and South Korea. North Korea was supported by China and the Soviet Union while South Korea was supported by the United Nations.
SourceThe report was published on www.archive.org, document number CIA-RDP82-00457R014100280001-8.