An item referred to tidings dated 15th December 1866 dealing with the movements of the ships belonging to the Dutch squadron in the Dutch East Indies. The Dutch steamship 4th class Zr.Ms. Admiraal van Kinsbergen lieutenant 1st class jhr. J.H.P. von Schmidt auf Altenstadt would depart on 18th December from Surabaya, Dutch East Indies towards her station at the West coast of Borneo, Dutch East Indies.(1)
1. Paddle steamship 4th class, call sign GQBN, built at the shipyard of the Nederlandsche Stoomboot Maatschappij at Rotterdam, Netherlands but apparently disassembled and assembled at Surabaya, Dutch East Indies in 1853-1854, commissioned on 7 May 1853, docked at Bandjermassing, Dutch East Indies 21 August-15 September 1877, decommissioned 25 December 1877 at Surabaya, Dutch East Indies, condemned, displacement 293 tons and as dimensions 45,72 x 6,50-12,40 (over side wheels) x 1,70 metres, horsepower 70 hp, armament one 30 pd gun and a crew numbering 43 men (1877).