An item dated Trieste 13th reported the launching of a 14.500 tons Austria-Hungarian battleship there, to be armed with 30,48cm/12” guns.(1)
1. Laid down at the Stabilimento Tecnico Triestino, Trieste, Italy on 15 November 1908, launched on 12 April 1910, completed in July 1911, commissioned on 22 November 1911, departed Pola[ Pula, Croatia] on 10 November 1918 and handed over by Yugoslav navy officers which handed her over to an American squadron of submarine chasers, in US navy service retaining her name between 22 November 1919 and 7 November 1920, ceded to Italy and finally broken up between 1920-1921. The Radetzky-class semi dreadnought battleships consisted of the Radetzky, Erzherzog Franz Ferdinand and Zrinyi. Preceded by the Erzherzog Karl-class and succeeded by the Tegethoff-class. Between 25 and 29 September 1905 were five designs drawn for this class in which the armament differs with Siegfried Popper even advocating the design a real dreadnought although without success.