Sistership Admiral Graf Spee
An item dated Berlin, Germany 5 March reported that the budget commission of the German Reichstag with 15 against 12 votes approved the first term of 10 million mark for building a 10.000 tons battlecruiser (1), protection of the German Baltic harbours and the defence of East Prussia.
1. This must by the Deutschland consisting of the three built so-called Panzerschiffe, known as pocket battleships later reclassified as heavy cruisers. The Deutschland was laid down by the Deutsche Werke, Kiel, Germany on 5 February 1929, renamed Lützow. Her sister ships were the Admiral Scheer and the Admiral Graf Spee.