An item reported that the German 7th division torpedo boats S13-24 was stationed at Wilhelmshaven, still lacking 2 boats. Rumours claimed that the boats measured 1.000 tons and had a vertical armour. The magazine however pointed out that Germany preserved the pure type of torpedo boats with limiting the displacement to what needed was for making speed in rough water. The number of guns remained 2-8,8cm L/30 guns and 2-4 machineguns. The British destroyers with 3-10.2cm guns were a huge danger for other torpedo boats while the larger displacement of the German boats guaranteed the seaworthiness. The British small cruisers built under the 1912 program had as task to destroy destroyers of the enemy and to serve as eyes and ears of the battle fleet. The German light cruisers were armed with smaller guns but had a higher speed and a larger coal bunker capacity.