©Warshipsresearch.blogspot.com
Call sign TJKC. Built by Maatschappij voor Scheeps-en Werktuigbouw Fijenoord N.V., Rotterdam, Netherlands with yard number 227 in 1909, delivered in October 1909 to the owner/manager N.V. Koninklijke Paketvaart-Maatschappij, Batavia, Netherlands East Indies, homeport Batavia, Dutch East Indies, call sign TJKC, heaviliy damaged during a Japanese air attack on Tjilatjap, Dutch East Indies on 4 March 1942, repaired by the Japanese and commissioned as Haruyasa Maru on 26 September 1942, discovered sunk in the Bay of Maizuru on 20 August 1945, salvaged, repaired at Singapore and commissioned on 22 September 1946 under original name and with original owner/manager and sold to be broken up which started at Hong Kong on 5 May 1952. Gross tonnage 3,033.45 tons, netto tonnage 1,911.78 tons, deadweight 3,505 tons, grain capacity 179,000 cubic feet, bale capacity 144,000 cubic feet and as dimensions 325.3 x 44.1 x 22.8 x 19.5 (loaded) feet. Reciprocating propulsion, single screw, coal bunkercapacity 274 tons, speed 10 (normal cruising) knots.

No comments:
Post a Comment