Translate

Monday, 30 January 2023

Japanese small cruiser submarines I-15, I-17, I-19, I-23, I-25 to I-45, I-36 remains

Built in 1940 just like the I-16 clas. Displacement of 2,212 (standard)-2,612 (normal)-3,233 (emergency)-3,653 submerged (tons) and as dimensions 108.7 x 9.3 x 5.19 metres. Hull made of ‘D’- steel, double, riveted. Thickness of pressure hull 2.2cm. Submergence depth 100 metres. Submergence time 50 seconds.  Speed 22 (surfaced)-8.7 (submerged) knots.  6 Type 95 torpedo tubes forward. One aircraft. Propulsion consisted of 2x9,000 hhp 10 cylinder two  cycle double acting reversible Sulzer engines delivering 12,400 shp, weight 15 metric tons and 1-675 hp 6 cylinder four cycle solid injection single acting auxiliary engine. Main motors 2 double armature 1,000hp Type Five. Battery 10,000 AH; 240 cells, 240 volt Type 12. Fuel bunker capacity 800 tons and a range of 14,000 nautical miles/16 knots. Submerged endurance 33 hours/3 knots speed.

Source  

U.S. Naval Technical Mission to Japan. Report S-01-1 Characteristics of Japanese naval vessels article 1 submarines. Dated January 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment